The payroll tax tables have been released for the 2022 financial year (01 April 2021 to 31March 2022) and are available from our website. You can find a link to download the tax tables and instructions on how to apply them below.
The 2022 tax rates can be downloaded from the following location. The file is called TaxRates.txt
2022 Tax Rates Here (use right click to save the link below as a file to your system):
- Click on the file TaxRates.txt above
- Select Download option from the file preview screen
- Save the file to your preferred directory
This step should only be performed once you have completed all pays for the 2021 payroll year. If the tax rates are applied before the last pay is completed, then the 2022 rates may apply incorrectly to pays within the 2021 financial year.
After downloading the tax rates file, the new rates can be loaded into Synergetic:
- In Synergetic, go to Payroll > Load Tax Rates
- Use the browse button to navigate to the location where you saved the TaxRates.txt file
- Select the file and click 'Open'
4. Confirm that the file path is correct, then click 'OK'
5. Confirm that the message mentions “NZ 1 April 2021 (FY 2022)” and then press 'Yes'
The tax rates will load and Synergetic will be updated with the new figures ready to use in your first FY 2022 pay.
Ensure that you have rolled your payroll into the 2022 financial year (Payroll > Create Next Payroll Year) before creating your first pay in 2022.
We are happy to assist if you have any questions regarding the above information.