Education Horizons have recently completed updates for a set of changes requested by Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools (MACS) as 'Notes and Codes 2023' affecting Victorian catholic schools.
These changes have been compiled into a hotfix package, to allow you to obtain the changes necessary for your 2023 MACS data submissions.
Note: ICON schools are being updated centrally and do not need this patch.
Overview of changes included in this hotfix package
These changes have been made:
- changes to reference data "notes and codes' as defined by MACS
Obtaining and applying the hotfix
We have created a single combined hotfix patch for both v69 and v70 releases of Synergetic, to provide you with the relevant updates
1) Download the zip file to your system from the link below:
2) Open the zip file and extract the included exe file to your SQL server (or to a location that is able to communicate with the SQL Server)
3) Run the hotfix exe program - this will run a database patcher wizard which will take you through the steps to apply the database logic changes for this report.
4) Once the patcher has completed successfully, the reference data in your system will be updated and new rows able to be loaded into your lookup tables for use in your MACS data submissions.
5) You will need to update any existing rows in your lookup tables that were changed by MACS. eg description changes, or rows made inactive etc.
As always, if you have any further questions or concerns, our Support team is available to assist:
- Service Desk: https://jira.synergetic.net.au/servicedesk/customer/portal/2
- Phone: 03 9803 8111
Please make sure to mention that your query is in relation to ‘MACS Notes and Codes Changes - 2023’ to help our support team action your request as efficiently as possible.